1 box pasta shells
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb ground sirloin
1/2 lb Italian sausage
1 Onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup chopped Kale (I used frozen)
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 jars really good pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook for 6 mins.
2. Brown meat on med high heat in olive oil until brown. Remove and drain the meat. Add the onion and Italian seasoning to the pan and cook on low for about 5 mins. Then add the chopped garlic and cook for another minute or two. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl add the browned meat, onions and garlic, Kale, egg, Parmesan, ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, and salt and pepper. Mix really well.
4. In the bottom of a 9×13 pan pour about a cup of the pasta sauce. Fill each shell w/ one to two tablespoons of the mixture and place into the prepared pan.
5. After shells are filled pour on the remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle on the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella. Bake for 25 minutes or until brown and bubbling around the edges.