1/2 pound Shrimp
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
1 large cucumber,seeded and cut into matchsticks
1/4 head purple cabbage, shredded
1 avocado, cut into slices
1/2 head romain or dark leafy greens, each leaf cut in half
6-8 Spring Roll wrappers
1/ 2 cup water
Cilantro, for garnish
1. Chop all the veggies into the correct size and set aside.
2. Toss the shrimp, turmeric, garlic salt and olive oil in a medium size bowl. Heat a small skillet or pan on med high heat and add shrimp. Cook for 2 mins per side depending on how big the shrimp are. I used small size shrimp.
3. Pour the water in a skillet big enough to fit the Spring roll wrappers and heat the water on med heat just until warm.
4. Working one at a time, add a wrapper and heat for 10-30 seconds until it is soft and pliable but not mushy.
5. Remove wrapper from pan and lay out on a cutting board or counter top. On the bottom 1/3 of the wrapper place 3-4 pieces of the cooked shrimp and then layer in each veggie. Bring the bottom up over the veggies and shrimp and roll once. Tuck the sides in and roll tightly until it looks like a cigar or a cylinder shape. Repeat the steps for each spring roll.