Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt, plus more for sprinkling
1 cup Butter (2 sticks)
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups Chocolate chips
8 oz dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, in a medium bowl.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugars together until creamy about 3 mins. Add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, until mixed.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture until just mixed in. Do not over mix. Turn off the mixer and add the chocolate chips by hand. Stir until just mixed together.
5. Drop spoonfuls of the dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet. I usually fit 12 on each sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 8- 10 mins. Just until the edges are golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and let rest on cookie sheet for a couple minutes.
7. Melt the dark chocolate over medium heat in small pan or in microwave. After cookies are cooled, Dip one half of the cookie in the chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt.