Mega Nutty Fat Balls
6 medjool dates, soaked in 1/2 cup warm water for 15 minutes
1 cup coconut shreds
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup Wild Friends Classic Creamy Almond Butter
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pepitas
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup almonds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
2 tablespoons flax, chia or a blend of both
1/3 – 1/2 cup almond milk or any milk of your choice
2 tablespoons cacao nibs
1 tablespoon coconut whip cream (optional)
1. Drain the dates. Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor, except for the cacao nibs, until a wet crumbly dough forms. Add a little of the almond milk and process then add a bit more. You may not need all the milk.
2. Once dough is processed into small crumbly bits add the cacao nibs and process for another 30 seconds or so, just until incorporated.
3. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out a fat ball and roll between your hands into a small ball. Place on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Continue until all fat balls are rolled.
4. You can either eat them now or freeze fat balls on the cookie sheet for an hour. Then put in freezer safe bags until ready to eat.
5. When you want a fat ball, pull one out of the freezer for about 6 minutes on the counter, top with coconut whip (optional) and eat!