Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 sticks pasture raised organic butter, melted
1/2 cup packed brown cane sugar
1/2 cup cane sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt plus more for sprinkling on after baked
1 1/2 cups organic chocolate chips
Optional: pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer add both sugars and beat together on low. After a minute add the butter and beat for about 3-4 minutes.
3. To the bowl, add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time. Making sure each egg gets throughly mixed.
4. Slowly add the flour a little at a time on a low speed. Once all the flour is mixed, gently fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula, just until incorporated.
5. Bake cookies on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper for 10- 12 minutes for larger sized cookies. Once baked sprinkle with extra sea salt and pepitas if desired.