Everyone I know grew up eating Rice Krispies.
The mixture of fluffy marshmallows, and the crunchy cereal made for pure delight on any kids face. Or adults, if you are like me. 😉
Add a thick layer of chocolate and peanut butter on the top and you wouldn’t find a better summertime dessert!
Well…. now that I’m a parent and like to try to recreate my favorites from childhood in a somewhat healthier manner, I thought these would be perfect!
I’ve teamed up with my favorite nut butter brand, Wild Friends, to make all my childhood dreams come true.
And yours too!
I’ve replaced a lot of the unhealthy aspects with some GOOD FOR YOU ingredients. Think: nut butter and coconut oil
BUT, don’t fret
I didn’t take out ALL the good ol’ unhealthy ingredients, I just used a little less! 😌
These bars turned out so much better than I remembered my childhood favorite ever tasted like!
Bring some to a potluck or party and everyone will be wanting the recipe. 🙌🏽
Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Crispy Bars
For the bars
1 tablespoon pasture raised butter
6 cups crispy puffed cereal
3/4 cup Wild Friends Organic Sunflower Honey butter
1 1/2 cups marshmallows
2 tablespoons grade A maple syrup
For the topping
1/2 cup Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter
1/2 cup organic chocolate chips
1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
Sea salt for sprinkling
1. Melt the butter in a medium pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows, maple syrup, and the sunflower butter. Stir constantly and melt completely.
2. Once the mixture is melted add the cereal and stir together quickly.
3. Pour the mixture into a parchment paper lined 9 inch cake pan. Press firmly into the pan. Let cool for about 20 minutes or so.
4. In a small pan over low heat, melt together the ingredients for the topping. Stir about a minute longer until it’s thick and glossy.
5. Pour the chocolate over the bars and spread to the edges. Sprinkle on some sea salt and then let the bars cool. (I popped them in the fridge for about 30 minutes ) Once cooled, cut into bars and enjoy!