It’s the last week of school before summer break and this mama is feeling the urge to relax by the pool a little bit more each day!
The weather is constantly getting warmer(today is a high of 94! 😧) and has me craving all the colors of the rainbow.
In our family when summer hits, it’s all about easy meals on the go, packed with yummy veggies.
No need to fuss when that extra time could be spent swimming with friends or playing at the park!
So these Thai Peanut Bowls are the perfect midweek dinner or even an easy lunch on the go!
I’ve used my favorite brand of Wild Friends Peanut Butter along with all the veggies I could find, and let me tell ya, everyone agreed it was a hit!
If you are interested in trying out Wild Friends brand of Nut Butters or Oats, use my code “season20” on their website for 20% off every order! 👍🏼
Happy Summer Break! 🌞
Thai Peanut Bowls with Rainbow Veggies & Shrimp
Ingredients for the bowls
1 package Rice Noodles
1/2 – 1 lb shrimp
1/2 a zucchini, cut into ribbons
1 carrot, cut into ribbons
1/4 of a purple cabbage, thinly sliced
1/2 of a red pepper, cut into strips
1/2 of a yellow pepper, cut into strips
2 spring onions, chopped
1/2 a jalapeño, cut into small circles
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
Ingredients for the Peanut Sauce
2 packs Wild Friends Classic Creamy Peanut Butter or 1/2 cup PB
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 lime, juiced
1 inch fresh ginger, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by boiling some hot water. Add the boiling water to a bowl with the rice noodles. Let soak for at least 20- 25 minutes. Drain off water. Do not over soak.
2. Cook all the shrimp in a hot pan with a tablespoon of olive oil until a light pink. Set aside.
3. Add all the ingredients for the Peanut Sauce into a bowl or jar with a lid and mix until combined. Set aside.
4. To the pan that you cooked the shrimp, add all the veggies except the cilantro and the peanuts. Sauté for about 2 or 3 minutes. Add the rice noodles and as much of the sauce as you’d like. Sauté for another 2- 3 minutes and then remove from heat.
5. Dish up the noodles into bowls, top with the shrimp, cilantro and peanuts. Serve while hot but it’s also very tasty cold! Enjoy 😊